THE DISCUSSION FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRIEF MESSAGE.

+7
enyam
Drivel Spotter
Admin2
South Downs
Observer 123
Watcher
GLOBAL MODERATOR
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BRIEF MESSAGE. Empty BRIEF MESSAGE.

Post by GLOBAL MODERATOR Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:39 pm

After consultation with his family,I have been given the go ahead  to release the following information on the open part of the forum.

Stephen's wife passed way yesterday morning after becoming ill overnight on Monday night into Tuesday morning. The cause is not known.

The duties of Admin are being carried out by other members of this forum.

GLOBAL MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

BRIEF MESSAGE. Empty Re: BRIEF MESSAGE.

Post by GLOBAL MODERATOR Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:02 pm

Thank you to those people who have sent their best wishes to Stephen and his family.

I have just been with him to see his wife at the mortuary. He is very distraught but I and others will help him through this. I saw Sheila the other day and she seemed fine. It has been a big shock to all of us. We don't yet know the cause, but that will be determined.

GLOBAL MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by GLOBAL MODERATOR Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:58 pm

I want to thank those on the Justice Forum who have sympathized with Stephen's loss from both sides of the fence. I have let him know and he has sent thanks to all those on here and the JF.

GLOBAL MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Drivel Spotter Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:31 am

GLOBAL MODERATOR wrote:I want to thank those on the Justice Forum who have sympathized with Stephen's loss from both sides of the fence. I have let him know and he has sent thanks to all those on here and the JF.

Thanks GB for informing other people what has happened. I understand Stephen's reason for saying what has happened on the hidden section of the forum,but you have done the right thing in seeing how much support he has been given.

Drivel Spotter

Back to top Go down

Post by Watcher Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:57 pm

Can I likewise extend thanks to those on Stopthemyths forum who were kind enough to post their condolences. Very decent of you.
Watcher
Watcher

Location : No 10 Downing St - oh crap, I wasn't supposed to say!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin2 Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:30 am

I have just been reading some of the comments I have received from all sides, since my Wife's death on Tuesday and I am very thankful.

I can't describe the sense of desolation I feel now, even with all the support I have received from friends, family and neighbours. I have resumed working, and I have informed most of them what has happened, and they have known my wife in some cases for several years. They too have given me considerable backup.

The biggest struggle is waking up in the morning and the realization she is no longer by my side. It is like a nightmare, but this one is real. She was my carer, in more than one way, and she has taken care of me through the 14 odd years I have been disabled through Arthritis. I sometimes forgot just how much she did for me, even when she too has been unwell.

She was the LOVE of my life and I cannot say anymore than that of how much she meant to me.

Stephen.
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

https://thediscussionforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GLOBAL MODERATOR Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:41 am

Posters please note that I and two other members are now doing Stephen's work as Admin.

GLOBAL MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin2 Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:44 am

Admin wrote:I have just been reading some of the comments I have received from all sides, since my Wife's death on Tuesday and I am very thankful.

I can't describe the sense of desolation I feel now, even with all the support I have received from friends, family and neighbours. I have resumed working, and I have informed most of them what has happened, and they have known my wife in some cases for several years. They too have given me considerable backup.

The biggest struggle is waking up in the morning and the realization she is no longer by my side. It is like a nightmare, but this one is real. She was my carer, in more than one way, and she has taken care of me through the 14 odd years I have been disabled through Arthritis. I sometimes forgot just how much she did for me, even when she too has been unwell.

She was the LOVE of my life and I cannot say anymore than that of how much she meant to me.

Stephen.

Thank you Stephen. Our hearts go out to you. Your wife was a lovely lady in every sense, and it has been my privilege to know her.

Sally (GM)
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Observer 123 Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:47 pm

Very sad news. Please keep us updated on how Stephen and his family are doing. Please send my best wishes.

Observer 123

Back to top Go down

Post by GLOBAL MODERATOR Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:04 pm

Hello. A brief update.

Stephen has had a difficult weekend and is still coming to grips with what has happened. He won't mind me saying this, but he has broken down in tears frequently. This sudden and dramatic loss of his wife was reinforced for me watching the families of the latest shootings in America. Different circumstances obviously, but death is still death and so difficult to deal with when it happens without warning.

Sally.

GLOBAL MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by GLOBAL MODERATOR Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:58 am

I don't post on the Justice Forum anymore but I do have a look from time to time,and I know members there read comments on here. Can I ask people not to get into arguments on there over on the thread where what has happened is being discussed. It doesn't help matters at all.

Sally.

GLOBAL MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin2 Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:14 pm

GLOBAL MODERATOR wrote:I don't post on the Justice Forum anymore but I do have a look from time to time,and I know members there read comments on here. Can I ask people not to get into arguments on there over on the thread where what has happened is being discussed. It doesn't help matters at all.

Sally.

Thank you Sally for saying that.

I have had a read through the comments on here, as the J.F., and elsewhere. I would ask for people not to engage in needless arguments. I thoroughly appreciate the messages of support I have received from all the people who have commented on what has happened.

I could never have imagined the grief that comes with a sudden death to someone you love, and it has hit me like a sledgehammer, a true understatement. I watched the slow laboured death of my Mother through Multiple Sclerosis over a number of years. For the last two years of her life she didn't even know who I was, and that was bad enough.

One of the families whose sons I have been tutoring for over 6 years have just lost 3 close relatives last week, and even with that, they have tried to give me comfort as I have to them.

I am just relaxing now , by myself, with my pets as company, and they need looking after as well. They in their own way have mourned the loss of my wife, who adored animals and subscribed to charities for the care of mistreated pets, or other animals.

I noted Watcher, that you asked Sally to recommend a charity, so I would be happy for anyone who wished to, to donate to such a one.

Again, thanks to all who have offered me support.

Stephen.
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Watcher Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:42 am

Hi Stephen,
Thank you, I'll chose a suitable charity.
I'm sure all of us who have experienced a sudden, devastating loss will empathise with how you are feeling right now; I lost someone very close to me a few years ago and that too was very sudden. It's like waking up in some kind of parallel universe where nothing makes any sense.

I'm glad you have good people around you; thinking of you all.
W x
Watcher
Watcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin2 Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:46 pm

Watcher wrote:Hi Stephen,
Thank you, I'll chose a suitable charity.
I'm sure all of us who have experienced a sudden, devastating loss will empathise with how you are feeling right now; I lost someone very close to me a few years ago and that too was very sudden. It's like waking up in some kind of parallel universe where nothing makes any sense.

I'm glad you have good people around you; thinking of you all.
W x

Thank you Watcher.

That is very much appreciated.

Stephen.
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GLOBAL MODERATOR Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:12 am

Hello.

This forum is no longer being administered by Stephen and it is extremely unlikely he will post on here again.

He is now receiving medical assistance, as he is not coping with the loss of his wife.

Sally.

GLOBAL MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by GLOBAL MODERATOR Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:10 am

I have been made aware of comments on the Justice Forum on a thread relating to this forum. Quite frankly,abusive posts have been made by quite a few people,even those accusing others.
There is a simple solution,don't post abusive posts. When I or the other Admin on here have the time, and still remaining on here will be removed.

At the moment, other matters take precedence.

GLOBAL MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by South Downs Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:11 am

GLOBAL MODERATOR wrote:Hello.

This forum is no longer being  administered by Stephen and it is extremely unlikely he will post on here again.

He is now receiving medical assistance, as he is not coping with the loss of his wife.

Sally.

That is very sad news. Please send our love to him and his family. I know how close they were as do some other posters on here.

South Downs

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin2 Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:11 am

South Downs wrote:

This forum is no longer being  administered by Stephen and it is extremely unlikely he will post on here again.

Sally.

That is very sad news. Please send our love to him and his family. I know how close they were as do some other posters on here.

Thank you South Downs. I will pass on the message.

Sally(Admin).
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drivel Spotter Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:19 am

Sally.

Sad news.

Drivel Spotter

Back to top Go down

Post by enyam Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:56 pm

Sally.

So sad to hear,god bless.
enyam
enyam

Back to top Go down

Post by Watcher Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:03 pm

Sally.
That's dreadfully sad news. He's in our thoughts at this very difficult time x
Watcher
Watcher

Back to top Go down

Post by GLOBAL MODERATOR Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:16 pm

Watcher wrote:

Sally.
That's dreadfully sad news. He's in our thoughts at this very difficult time x

Thank you Watcher. I will pass on your sentiments and those of other posters.

Sally.

GLOBAL MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Grom Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:35 pm

'Sledgehammer' is exactly the right word for what happened to Stephen. A mental blow can hurt just as much as a physical one. Accepting medical help is the right thing to do, and hopefully it will help him through. He is in my thoughts.

Grom

Back to top Go down

Post by xtina Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:02 am

So true Grom,

The sadness of knowing you are in so much pain,yet there is nothing, nothing anyone can say or do.

Except to wish you strength Stephen on that long lonely road ahead, and to let you know our thoughts and [[[[[[[hugs]]]]] are with you. XX

xtina

Back to top Go down

Post by Saldo Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:27 am

Awful news. My heart goes out to Stephen and his family.

Saldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum