THE DISCUSSION FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRIEF MESSAGE.

+7
enyam
Drivel Spotter
Admin2
South Downs
Observer 123
Watcher
GLOBAL MODERATOR
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BRIEF MESSAGE. - Page 2 Empty Re: BRIEF MESSAGE.

Post by Admin2 Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:37 pm

A continuing thank you to all those who have expressed sympathy for Stephen's loss. It has now emerged from the post-mortem that his wife had died of an abdominal infection which led to further complications. He has told me that she a great fear of going to the Doctor and had refused many times to seek medical help when ill,but this was a condition which might have been treated successfully. I know from what Stephen has told me,that he urged his wife to get help,and he feels guilty that he didn't do more and get her medical attention earlier. I can only say that if anyone reading this has a similar fear of Doctors or the medical profession in general, please ask for help.

Sally.

P.S. I asked Stephen first before releasing the above information. He hopes it will help others.
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

https://thediscussionforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Watcher Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:53 pm

Admin2 wrote:A continuing thank you to all those who have expressed sympathy for Stephen's loss. It has now emerged from the post-mortem that his wife had died of an abdominal infection which led to further complications. He has told me that she a great fear of going to the Doctor and had refused many times to seek medical help when ill,but this was a condition which might have been treated successfully. I know from what Stephen has told me,that he urged his wife to get help,and he feels guilty that he didn't do more and get her medical attention earlier. I can only say that if anyone reading this has a similar fear of Doctors or the medical profession in general, please ask for help.

Sally.

P.S. I asked Stephen first before releasing the above information. He hopes it will help others.

Hi Sally,
Thank you for letting us know.
It is terribly difficult when one loses a loved one and there is the possibility that the outcome might have been different; it just makes it all the harder to come to terms with. I know it is something of a cliché, but time does heal and eventually one does start to adjust to a new 'normal'

It's typical of Stephen to consider that knowing what happened might help others. Give him all our love when you speak to him
Many thanks
W x
Watcher
Watcher

Location : No 10 Downing St - oh crap, I wasn't supposed to say!

Back to top Go down

Post by enyam Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:51 pm

Many thanks for the update Sally.
enyam
enyam

Back to top Go down

Post by GLOBAL MODERATOR Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:38 am

Watcher wrote:
Admin2 wrote:A continuing thank you to all those who have expressed sympathy for Stephen's loss. It has now emerged from the post-mortem that his wife had died of an abdominal infection which led to further complications. He has told me that she a great fear of going to the Doctor and had refused many times to seek medical help when ill,but this was a condition which might have been treated successfully. I know from what Stephen has told me,that he urged his wife to get help,and he feels guilty that he didn't do more and get her medical attention earlier. I can only say that if anyone reading this has a similar fear of Doctors or the medical profession in general, please ask for help.

Sally.

Hi Sally,
Thank you for letting us know.
It is terribly difficult when one loses a loved one and there is the possibility that the outcome might have been different; it just makes it all the harder to come to terms with. I know it is something of a cliché, but time does heal and eventually one does start to adjust to a new 'normal'

It's typical of Stephen to consider that knowing what happened might help others. Give him all our love when you speak to him
Many thanks
W x

Thank you Watcher. I will pass that on. I just hope what happened will be of help to those who are afraid of seeking medical help. Stephen does blame himself for not seeking his wife medical help, even against her wishes. He was told by his Doctor that his wife would have been experienced pain, but he has told me she never complained of pain, other than having aches in the abdomen from time to time. He is working every day and will be shortly be assigned a one to one bereavement councillor.

GLOBAL MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Grom Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:09 am

Stephen's doing the right thing accepting help. He's suffered a trauma and it's very difficult to cope with that without professional help. My thoughts are with him. x

Grom

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss B Having Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:28 pm

I miss Stephen in both forums. I do hope counselling helps in some way. I also hope that he will come back to the forums one day where his input has been enjoyable.

Miss B Having

Back to top Go down

Post by GLOBAL MODERATOR Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:18 am

Miss B Having wrote:I miss Stephen in both forums. I do hope counselling helps in some way. I also hope that he will come back to the forums one day where his input has been enjoyable.

Thank you Miss B Having, and all those who have sent messages of support. It has been a tough few days for him,as this weekend marked his wife's birthday. He is working,to the best of my knowledge every day, and has received support from all those who know him, including those he tutors and their families.

Sally.

GLOBAL MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin2 Wed May 09, 2018 1:13 pm

Just to let posters know here and elsewhere, that Stephen's wife's funeral will take place next Tuesday. There was an unexpected delay due to the coroner determining the exact cause(s) of death. There were several contributing factors , including a heart condition.
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

https://thediscussionforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss B Having Thu May 10, 2018 1:30 pm

Please pass on my regards To Stephen. I think about him often and hope he does cope better soon.

Miss B Having

Back to top Go down

Post by GLOBAL MODERATOR Wed May 16, 2018 8:27 am

Miss B Having wrote:Please pass on my regards To Stephen. I think about him often and hope he does cope better soon.

Thank you, M.B.H., I have passed on the message.

Stephen's wife's funeral took place yesterday. He and others gave a moving tribute to her and to the happiness she gave him.

Thanks to everyone who has given Stephen and his family support. I have seen supporting comments on other forums. I say thanks to those people too.

GLOBAL MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Drivel Spotter Wed May 16, 2018 8:51 am

I hope this has given some closure. Xxx

Drivel Spotter

Back to top Go down

Post by Watcher Wed May 16, 2018 8:22 pm

I have reached the age where I find myself attending far more funerals than weddings and I have come to believe that it is an important milestone in the process of losing someone; a chance to remember them, reflect on happier times and to say goodbye. I too hope that Stephen has been able to draw strength and that his pain begins to ease now. Sending love to him x
Watcher
Watcher

Location : No 10 Downing St - oh crap, I wasn't supposed to say!

Back to top Go down

Post by xtina Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:27 am

I know this is still early days ....but just a thought and [[[[[[[[hug]]]]]]] for Stephen Xtina xxxx

xtina

Back to top Go down

Post by GLOBAL MODERATOR Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:50 pm

xtina wrote:I know this is still early days ....but just a thought and [[[[[[[[hug]]]]]]] for Stephen Xtina xxxx

Hello Xtina. I will pass the message on to Stephen. xxx

GLOBAL MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum