THE DISCUSSION FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group Dynamics

+3
Texty
Travers
Slartibartfast
7 posters

Go down

Group Dynamics Empty Group Dynamics

Post by Slartibartfast Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:10 am

What does the collective feel about how the T9 got on and how it affected the events that followed?

To me it appears that KM felt isolated, stuck with the kids. The Payne’s had a baby monitor and the others seemed to stay with their kids more.
Slartibartfast
Slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Group Dynamics Empty Re: Group Dynamics

Post by Travers Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:43 am

From the various accounts it would appear that Gerry didn't do anything other than play tennis. There's no mention of him sailing or surfing with any of the others, so did he spend the bulk of his time knocking a ball over a net?
Similarly Kate doesn't seem to interact much, although she did go running, either with Matt or by herself. Again no mention of Gerry.
Neither of them seem to have much contact with the rest of the group until maybe the kids' tea
Travers
Travers

Back to top Go down

Post by Texty Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:30 pm

I was rather shocked that neither of them went down to the beach to see Madeleine take her first sailing trip, particularly to encourage /reassure her, as she had been apprehensive about it. I'd certainly have wanted to be there and wave my daughter off on such a first trip.

Texty

Back to top Go down

Post by Grom Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:19 pm

Here's a hint s to what Gerry may have been doing in between his games of tennis;

When questioned, the witness says that he has the impression that he saw Madeleine's father at the bar in the Tapas restaurant during the days before her disappearance.
DAVID_BARROSO

Grom

Back to top Go down

Post by Travers Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:19 pm

Texty wrote:I was rather shocked that neither of them went down to the beach to see Madeleine take her first sailing trip, particularly to encourage /reassure her, as she had been apprehensive about it. I'd certainly have wanted to be there and wave my daughter off on such a first trip.

I think it fair to say that they were more interested in pursuing their own activities than those of their children.
I have to say I don't understand why they bothered taking their children with them.
Travers
Travers

Back to top Go down

Post by Grom Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:24 pm

There seems little point in the McCanns going on a group holiday. The others spent time together but they only joined in after 5.30 pm.

Grom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayfive Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:54 pm

Grom wrote:There seems little point in the McCanns going on a group holiday. The others spent time together but they only joined in after 5.30 pm.  

They seem to be an incongruous group. What is the common denominator?
Ayfive
Ayfive

Back to top Go down

Post by Travers Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:18 pm

Ayfive wrote:
Grom wrote:There seems little point in the McCanns going on a group holiday. The others spent time together but they only joined in after 5.30 pm.  

They seem to be an incongruous group. What is the common denominator?

Medicine. At least one in each couple is a doctor who worked in the main Leicester hospital and knew each other socially.
The group as a whole were not close friends.
Travers
Travers

Back to top Go down

Post by Grom Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:25 pm

Jane Tanner didn't seem keen on Gerry, and she and Russell were ambivalent about Madeleine. Did she overpower their daughter somewhat? I have wondered why the McCanns joined the others for lunch on Sunday, but not again. Perhaps there was disruption.

Grom

Back to top Go down

Post by Travers Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:57 pm

Not sure really how friendly the various group members were with each other.
Fiona was bestest with Kate, but Diane probably barely knew any of them. Had met them previously but hardly friends.
Dave, Matt & Russell were close friends, but less close to Gerry and Rachael & Jane probably even less so
I'm sure the group dynamics would be far better without the McCanns, who were really only linked through Kate's friendship with Fiona. Admirably demonstrated by them being together at the beach sans McCann.

Regarding Sunday lunch, perhaps the group was just too big for the apartment.
Travers
Travers

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartibartfast Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:06 pm

Hell is other people(‘s children)
Slartibartfast
Slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grom Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:47 pm

Mixing with other mothers seemed like a good idea when I had three under 5's, but it wasn't. I got grown-up conversation and my kids got war. I found the best mix was when the other children were older as they would amuse mine, not fight them.

Grom

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Moderator Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:01 pm

Grom wrote:Jane Tanner didn't seem keen on Gerry, and she and Russell were ambivalent about Madeleine. Did she overpower their daughter somewhat? I have wondered why the McCanns joined the others for lunch on Sunday, but not again. Perhaps there was disruption.

young children fight maybe she and maddie didnt get on and clashed?

Senior Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Grom Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:10 pm

There's a description of Madeleine where she behaves very similarly to my grandson, who was hyperactive. I didn't believe it existed until I met him, I just thought 'spoilt brats', but I knew he wasn't.

Sometimes I’d be feeding one baby and pushing the other’s rocker with my foot while a small girl clambered across my shoulders. [madeleine]

I don't see that as normal behaviour.

Grom

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss B Having Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:05 am

Yes, I would agree with this . I also wonder if Kate also suffered from PND, and Gerry being a man in charge kind of macho man. just let her get on with being a mother.Regardless of how she was feeling. Lets face it, 3 kids under 5 on holiday no buggy and hubby hardly there...She didn't get to do what she wanted from the holiday maybe?

My impression of him is he is a control freak,wants the perfect wife,children,house very competitive in all things... something about him I just do not like!

Miss B Having

Back to top Go down

Post by Travers Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:45 am

Miss B Having wrote:Yes, I would agree with this .  I also wonder if Kate also suffered from PND, and Gerry being a man in charge kind of macho man. just let her get on with being a mother.Regardless of how she was feeling. Lets face it,  3 kids under 5 on holiday no buggy and  hubby hardly there...She didn't get to do what she wanted from the holiday maybe?

My impression of him is he is a control freak,wants the perfect wife,children,house very competitive in all things... something about him I just do not like!

He's never come across as very likeable, right from the beginning.
Travers
Travers

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss B Having Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:25 pm

It is David and Gerry... bezzy mates

Miss B Having

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down