THE DISCUSSION FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is next with Brexit.

+4
Travers
Grom
Ayfive
Admin2
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is next with Brexit. - Page 2 Empty Re: What is next with Brexit.

Post by CPN Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:05 pm

But this is so closely divided, enyam. And is such a major decision with such heavy implications, many of which are only slowly coming out

CPN

Back to top Go down

Post by Grom Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:38 am

The country has been divided for a long time. It wasn't noticeable because the two main political parties were offering similar policies. Then Farage began to speak out and a those who disagreed with the viewpoint of the main parties had a spokesman.

Grom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayfive Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:03 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:I think many brexiteers look back to some mythical golden age and want to go back.

Like smog, steam railway locomotives and rickets. "Package holidays" to Costa Brava that involved flights to Perpignan in ex Second World War DC3s and interminable coach journeys from Perpignan to the Costa Brava. Purchase tax at 33 1/3% on practically everything but food. Being able to take no more than £51 stg out of the country. UK bank issued EuroCheque cards that had such a low value it was impossible to get B&B in Germany on them. Credit Cards what are they? On that topic 4.5DM for a bottle of Sekt in Deutschland when the exchange rate was about 4.5DM to 1 pdstg. The same bottle of Sekt over here was about a fiver. Eating out cost a fortune except at a Berni (remember Bernis? 19 bob for a mass produced three course meal). Otherwise it was a pig pie or curly cheese roll in a pub. Chicken in a basket was still waiting to be invented..................................... Oh and if you went on holiday in England your bank had to write to a nominated bank in your holiday area to make arrangements for you to lay your hands on your own money. That was if you were rich enough to have a bank account otherwise it was readies in little brown SealEasi envelopes for you my lad. Decoking the car engine on the lawn every April. They don't make 'em like they used to you know....................speaking as an engineer, thank God for that.

Do you mean that Golden Age? Laughing
Ayfive
Ayfive

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartibartfast Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:57 pm

That’s the one.
Slartibartfast
Slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPN Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:59 pm

Right - I am opting out of this. Your sarcasm,Miss B Having, on something that is so meaningful and personal to me was quite unnecessary and unpleasant. I was giving a more individual and personal view, including examples of the benefits not only for my son but for all UK residents (eg the EHIC card when going to Europe) I quite simply do not need further unpleasantness in addition to the problems he (and I) is/are now facing.

May I suggest people try to be a bit more pleasant and understanding here; otherwise I shall leave (to make it clear, you do not have to agree with me, just be somewhat more pleasant if something affects a contributor personally)

CPN

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin2 Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:44 pm

The blame for Brexit, was with Cameron's fear of Farage, and the right wing of the Conservative party.

I voted to remain, based on a judgment of whether we had anything to gain economically by moving out.

I don't feel any less British whether we are in or out.

The ramifications of leaving the EU, in what ever form it happens ,will now perpetuate for generations to come.
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

https://thediscussionforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin2 Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:26 am

A NOTE TO ALL POSTERS. HAVING REVIEWED THIS MORNING WHAT WENT ON YESTERDAY, AND THE ARGUMENTS WHICH ENSUED, POSTS HAVE BEEN DELETED FROM THIS TOPIC.

THIS FORUM WAS SET UP TO DISCUSS AND NOT BRING PERSONAL ANIMOSITIES TO THE PROVERBIAL TABLE.

I AM FULLY AWARE OF THE DIVISIONS BREXIT HAS CAUSED AND THIS IS A CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECT, SO IF YOU CAN'T AGREE, AGREE TO DISAGREE.
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

https://thediscussionforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss B Having Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:46 am

Ayfive wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:I think many brexiteers look back to some mythical golden age and want to go back.

Like smog, steam railway locomotives and rickets. "Package holidays" to Costa Brava that involved flights to Perpignan in ex Second World War DC3s and interminable coach journeys from Perpignan to the Costa Brava. Purchase tax at 33 1/3% on practically everything but food. Being able to take no more than £51 stg out of the country. UK bank issued EuroCheque cards that had such a low value it was impossible to get B&B in Germany on them. Credit Cards what are they? On that topic 4.5DM for a bottle of Sekt in Deutschland when the exchange rate was about 4.5DM to 1 pdstg. The same bottle of Sekt over here was about a fiver. Eating out cost a fortune except at a Berni (remember Bernis? 19 bob for a mass produced three course meal). Otherwise it was a pig pie or curly cheese roll in a pub. Chicken in a basket was still waiting to be invented..................................... Oh and if you went on holiday in England your bank had to write to a nominated bank in your holiday area to make arrangements for you to lay your hands on your own money. That was if you were rich enough to have a bank account otherwise it was readies in little brown SealEasi envelopes for you my lad. Decoking the car engine on the lawn every April. They don't make 'em like they used to you know....................speaking as an engineer, thank God for that.

Do you mean that Golden Age?  Laughing

Very Happy Well, I certainly don't recall that golden age! and don't want it back either!

I think MSM have tried to drive a wedge,with no real Goverenment to stand up to EU, then they will walk all over us.

I agree with Slarti. I too want a proper people Governement (This isn't a democracy it is party, first self second and who are these moaning people out there!) and I think the' them wot rool us' got quite a shock when those dastardly people voted to challenge them how very very dare tthey indeed!

It is too simple to clam all people who voted for Brexit into a basket and name them as the bad guys. They are real people with a voice which was being ignored, they chose to shout out their issues with a vote!

I agree with some of the issues they brought to the attention of the Government. One is illegal immigration, another is farsical fake asylum seekers. I have no issues with people coming to work here as long as they can support themselves and their very large families, and provide housing which doesn't come from council stock via a cheat route. That does not make me a bad person. Or a rascist either. but that is the problem-issues which were giving concern to communities affected by these two particular issues were being ignored!

If you have not been affected by the large influx then you are awight jack so vote to remain. If you are affected and your community is affected then you vote Brexit. It is that simple! There is no bad and no good.

I support some policies from Tory and some from Labour and some from Brexiteers. I do not have a 'will die for this country its queen its government' patriotic fever. I am not a little Englander or inward thinking. Far from it I would have exploited the EU at every turn. and told them what to do with their dictats.

The reality is multiculturalism doesn't work. Ask the Aboriginies, Ask the Native Americans...all pushed out by mass immigration and those immigrants turned and slaughtered many of the indigenous populations. ..

One culture, one law for everyone- many skin colours, many religions,or varients of non believers is fine. That would work. Keep religion out of politics and Government and education! ALSO stop treating religion as a charity it is a bussiness and should be taxed! That is what I would vote for.

Miss B Having

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartibartfast Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:06 pm

Trouble is Brexit isn’t a solution to immigration problems.
Slartibartfast
Slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss B Having Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:21 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:Trouble is Brexit isn’t a solution to immigration problems.

You are absolutely correct. but staying in the EU the problem would just get much worse. That wasn't the only reason people voted Brexit.

The labour party opened up the borders- signed up to open doors with promise of free money- free housing...to all EU citizens. They created and facilitated wars- creating an asylum apocalyps. We have now in this country slave trade which would put the 16th century slave trade to shame! Of course all denied and pushed under the carpet, some children being gang raped,sold for sex was ignored for years incase the sensitive rapists got upset and the accusers would be nazi fascists-rascists. staying in the EU is not good for any country now. UK will take her money debt with her!

Trade is fine,holidays are fine, owned and ruled by them Not so fine. Just my opinion.

Miss B Having

Back to top Go down

Post by Grom Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:45 pm

I live in a town with a diverse population When my great-grandson started school a year ago his teacher spoke to the parents as they collected their children every day. A fair proportion of the children didn't speak English. Perhaps that was why they didn't listen to the teacher and wandered around the classroom instead of sitting down. He was asking the parents to explain to their children how they should behave in school, but the parents didn't understand either. That was holding back the children who did understand because it was distracting the teacher from his job, which is not to teach the children the English language or try to get through to them, it's to teach them. It seems to me that either the government should have been providing language classes for these children or the parents should. When another granddaughter went to live in France her children were taught the language before they went so they were ready to attend a French school.

Grom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2