THE DISCUSSION FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest News

+14
Watcher
Texty
Grom
AJS
Miss B Having
Arthur League
enyam
South Downs
Johnny22
Drivel Spotter
Admin2
Slartibartfast
Travers
pathfinder73
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Latest News - Page 4 Empty Re: Latest News

Post by enyam Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:12 pm

Lyall wrote:I'm not saying it was brilliant but it criticized the British police as much as the Portuguese, and it resisted the temptation to be sensational. It made the claims the newspapers have been making look ridiculous. We knew they were ridiculous but most of the ITV audience wouldn't know. I thought it was an honest doc.

Tricky dickie wasn't too keen to let it be known how long that they had had the Germans name.
enyam
enyam

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyall Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:28 pm

Yes she looked very uncomfortable didn't she. I guess she has a lot of other things on her mind at the moment to be fair, but Rowley was also uncomfortable with Brunt and Redwood's discomfort on Crimewatch would have had police all over the world squirming. It is a political investigation after all. They didn't ask to be involved.

Lyall

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyall Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:02 pm

People were quoting from the trashy Sixty Minutes programme, and now they're quoting from Axel Springer's Bild, the tabloid that makes the UK's trashy tabloids look not so bad Shocked No helping some people

Lyall

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyall Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:05 pm

Just wait and see what occurs in the search Twisted Evil

(nowt probably, but if you have the resources available searching makes sense)

Lyall

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyall Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:08 pm

Makes sense if he's buried stuff before and apparently this guy has

Lyall

Back to top Go down

Post by enyam Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:56 pm

Lyall wrote:Makes sense if he's buried stuff before and apparently this guy has

Its not clear what they are looking for though.
enyam
enyam

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyall Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:39 pm

I don't know but have they finished now? Soon as Brunt gets there they go somewhere else Laughing

Lyall

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyall Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:58 pm

"After three days police suddenly removed machinery and tents and took down the fence after completing the search. It is not known if they found what they were looking for."

German police clearly don't mess about.

Lyall

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyall Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:00 pm

"You dont seem to understand...amaral claimed the alerts and dna confirmed a body...the did not ...he was wrong....not my opinion...its fact

He misunderstood the evidence...it seems they all did. That is not opinion...its fact"

Not fact, Inspector Davel. (1) GA's book doesn't claim that (it is accurate on the FSS dna conclusions) (2) "It seems they all did" is also incorrect. If the Portuguese judiciary had believed that in September 2007 they wouldn't have let them go home. But they did let them go home, and everyone knew they were never coming back (not without the mother of all battles in the courts)

Every police force in the world would have taken those alerts very seriously. But the Portuguese police didn't have the power to make the decisions.

Lyall

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyall Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:37 pm

"I watched a news report yesterday which said taht this prosecutor is not the sort of person who would make an unsubstantiated allegation."

Maybe not, Davel, but the guy has apparently done nothing to stop the world's media linking B. to unsolved murders all over Europe, and that tells you something.

It certainly tells his lawyer something.

Lyall

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyall Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:15 pm

"I have just listened to HCW again. He says clearly that ...we have enough evidence to say our suspect killed Madeleine McCann...

I think that is highly significant"

It's not the least bit significant if the suspect isn't charged, Inspector Davel. Prosecutors never say "might have".

Lyall

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyall Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:17 pm

They're not in the business of publicly expressing uncertainty, are they. Think about it.

Lyall

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyall Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:19 pm

If he said "might have" then somebody else is going to say "you're not the right person for this job"

Lyall

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyall Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:31 pm

"If you think Amaral's Policia Judiciaria had a headstart on armchair detectives ... what is your explanation for the real detectives of Rebelo's Policia Judiciaria discarding the conclusions Amaral reached and adopting their own? Leading to the rescinding of the decision to make Kate and Gerry McCann and Robert Murat arguidos."

As you well know, Brietta, the archiving report clearly says we can't dismiss any theory. And that remains the position. Doesn't matter what the police who followed GA may or may not have thought personally, the judiciary said we can't rule out any scenario. And they still can't.

Lyall

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin2 Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:50 am

To any who still read this forum, the McCann's have lost their appeal to the E.C.H.R.

It is not a matter for celebration, just the continued sadness of this case.
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

https://thediscussionforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyall Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:14 pm

True crime writers will be celebrating it (those not writing in English anyway) but I know what you mean, it's still impossible not to keep thinking about what happened to the victim in this case (victims if the other children are included)

Good to hear from you Admin, I hope you're well. Keep fighting

Lyall

Admin2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin2 Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:08 pm

Lyall wrote:True crime writers will be celebrating it (those not writing in English anyway) but I know what you mean, it's still impossible not to keep thinking about what happened to the victim in this case (victims if the other children are included)

Good to hear from you Admin, I hope you're well. Keep fighting

Hello Lyall.

Thank you for your sentiments. Much appreciated.
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

https://thediscussionforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4