THE DISCUSSION FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest News

+14
Watcher
Texty
Grom
AJS
Miss B Having
Arthur League
enyam
South Downs
Johnny22
Drivel Spotter
Admin2
Slartibartfast
Travers
pathfinder73
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Latest News Empty Latest News

Post by pathfinder73 Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:05 pm

More funding for Madeleine McCann search requested by police

Police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have requested more money from the Home Office, Sky News has learned.

Funding for the Scotland Yard investigation is due to run out at the end of March, Sky's Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said.

But officers have now asked that extra cash be provided to keep it going until the end of September, he added.

Scotland Yard is "keen to continue its investigation", he explained.

"The situation at the moment," he said, "is that there is Home Office funding to keep Scotland Yard's part of the joint investigation with the Portuguese going until the end of March.

"But Scotland Yard has asked for more money."

It is not known how much money is being requested, and Martin Brunt said it "may be some time" before Home Office ministers make a decision.

"Clearly Scotland Yard feels it hasn't come to the end of the line," he added.

Last May, on the tenth anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance, Scotland Yard said it had one critical piece of work still to do, but did not say what it was.

Martin Brunt said that as he understood it, it was a "final theory that was very complicated", and involved "a lot of sensitive diplomacy".

It was "likely to take some time to find the clues, if they were there".

The investigation team, which once numbered 30 officers, is now down to four.

The Home Office said in a statement: "Resources required are reviewed regularly, with careful consideration given before any new funding is allocated.

"The Metropolitan Police has made a further application for funding, which is currently being considered."

https://news.sky.com/story/more-funding-for-madeleine-mccann-search-requested-by-police-11248085

pathfinder73

Back to top Go down

Latest News Empty Re: Latest News

Post by Travers Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:27 pm

involved "a lot of sensitive diplomacy".

Is that diplomacy between countries or sensitive matters nearer to home?

Or is simply that OG can't finish because they don't know how to ?
Travers
Travers

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartibartfast Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:32 pm

I think SY will always ask for more money no matter what. Much easier if it is denied and they are the good guys than they give up.
Slartibartfast
Slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin2 Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:03 pm

I watched the news on the way to work earlier with more than a degree of incredulity.

So is this the final, final, final...........final lead ?

Or is it SY playing games, not wishing to be the ones who finally say, NO MORE ?
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

https://thediscussionforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Drivel Spotter Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:06 pm

Is this news a bad joke?
and delivered by Martin Brunt of all people.

Drivel Spotter

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin2 Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:13 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5382119/Scotland-Yard-asks-money-Madeleine-McCann.html#comments

3 comments and the numbers on the comments are overwhelming.
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny22 Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:40 pm

Martin Brunt said that as he understood it, it was a "final theory that was very complicated", and involved "a lot of sensitive diplomacy".

Yeah,right. This is just embarrassing now.SY is becoming a laughing stock.

Johnny22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin2 Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:01 pm

Travers wrote: involved "a lot of sensitive diplomacy".

Is that diplomacy between countries or sensitive matters nearer to home?

Or is simply that OG can't finish because they don't know how to ?

Interesting points Travers.
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartibartfast Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Johnny22 wrote:Martin Brunt said that as he understood it, it was a "final theory that was very complicated", and involved "a lot of sensitive diplomacy".

Probably some theory from an amateur sleuth.
Slartibartfast
Slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Travers Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:20 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
Johnny22 wrote:Martin Brunt said that as he understood it, it was a "final theory that was very complicated", and involved "a lot of sensitive diplomacy".

Probably some theory from an amateur sleuth

That'll be Robi with Camperman, his new suspect from Bern
Travers
Travers

Back to top Go down

Post by South Downs Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:24 pm

Travers wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

Probably some theory from an amateur sleuth

That'll be Robi with Camperman,  his new suspect from Bern

Have you read his Twitter page ?

lol!

South Downs

Back to top Go down

Post by Travers Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:01 am

Another defeat for Gerry?

Leveson 2 is not going ahead, so no further curbing of Press freedom, something Gerry has been striving for for several years.
Travers
Travers

Back to top Go down

Post by enyam Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:39 am

Travers wrote:Another defeat for Gerry?

Leveson 2 is not going ahead, so no further curbing of Press freedom, something  Gerry has been striving for for several years.

The mail have done an extensive piece on Mosely another wishing to curb the freedoms,a file was handed to the cps who have handed on to the police.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5445899/Prosecutors-ask-Scotland-Yard-look-Max-Mosley-case.html
enyam
enyam

Back to top Go down

Post by pathfinder73 Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:48 pm

EXCLUSIVE: The hunt for Madeleine McCann CONTINUES as Home Office approves Met Police’s request for cash to pursue a ‘final line of inquiry’ 11 years after youngster vanished

The Home Office allocated an unknown amount to the Met's Operation Grange

Detectives investigating the disappearance applied for more funding in February

More than £11 million has been spent so far on the probe to find the missing girl

The hunt for Madeleine McCann will continue after the Metropolitan Police Service was granted more funds to continue the 11-year-long search.

The Home Office revealed today that it had allocated further funds to the Met's investigation to hers disappearance - Operation Grange.

A representative said: 'The Government remains committed to the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

'We have briefed the Metropolitan Police Service that its application for Special Grant funding for Operation Grange will be granted.'

Detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann applied for more funding for the search in February.

Government funding for the investigation has historically been agreed every six months, with £154,000 being granted from October last year until the end of March.

More than £11 million has been spent so far on the probe to find the missing girl, who vanished from the family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in Portugal in May 2007, aged three.

The exact figure allocated for the ongoing investigation is not yet known.

Madeleine, three, vanished from an apartment in Praia da Luz in May 2007 while her parents were eating tapas with friends at a restaurant nearby.

She would now be nearly 15.

Operation Grange has been one of the longest, most high-profile and costly police investigations in history.

Launched in May 2011, officers have sifted (and translated) 40,000 documents produced by Portuguese police who conducted the initial investigation, and by the eight teams of private detectives who have worked on the case.

Some 600 'persons of interest' have been examined and 'sightings' of Madeleine — in Brazil, India, Morocco and Paraguay, on a German plane and in a New Zealand supermarket — assessed.

The Portuguese investigation of Madeleine's disappearance was criticised by the British authorities as being not fit for purpose.

Scotland Yard began an investigative review into the disappearance in 2011, on the orders of then-Prime Minister David Cameron.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5546721/The-hunt-Madeleine-McCann-CONTINUES-Home-Office-approves-Met-Polices-funding.html

pathfinder73

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur League Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:14 pm

Unknown amount?

Arthur League

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss B Having Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:24 pm

20 quid?

great news though... they must be near finding the culprits... Smile

Miss B Having

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur League Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:35 pm

It struck me that as an amount was not mentioned it must be less than previous.

Arthur League

Back to top Go down

Post by AJS Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:05 pm

Just a personal view, of course, for those still interested.

https://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.co.uk/

AJS

Back to top Go down

Post by Grom Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:41 am

Hi, AJS.

The woman in purple story has fascinated me. It just wouldn't go away despite the fact that it was never included in the evidence gathered by the first investigation. The only woman in purple mentioned in the files was Jane Tanner.

The woman's last appearance seems to have had consequences for a certain Spanish criminologist who seemed to end up discredited and disinclined thereafter to take any more interest in the case.

Grom

Back to top Go down

Post by AJS Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:18 pm

As always, for those interested:

The Purple Woman stuff was a desperate blunder. Now people are seeking to distance themselves from it - at great speed.

AJS

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss B Having Thu May 10, 2018 2:02 pm

I have blackie in speed search, always a great read, this one no exception.

However this one sentence stumps me... too cryptic even for the clever drivels I shouldn't wonder.

"all done. Goncalo Amaral is safe and the facts are now clear to see. The law can say the rest"

Please someone help me out of my misery and explain!.

Miss B Having

Back to top Go down

Post by AJS Thu May 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Hello. I'm sorry that I can be obscure: one is, after all, writing to communicate not to puzzle. In a case involving living people, however, one has to be careful, both out of fairness and decency and for the sake of one's wallet.

I meant that years of uncertainty ended with the libel judgement. With that my personal stake in the case - working actively on behalf of GA to right a wrong - was over. I was very relieved since it had involved considerable research and a certain amount of hard work.

The question of the crime on May 3 is a different one. I believe that the law should take its course and is doing so. I am no more knowledgeable about the events immediately surrounding the case than I was ten years ago but I believe that the police of both countries have by now a fair idea of what probably happened.

The criminal case cannot be advanced by comment: only a police and judicial process can establish the facts. I do, however, sometimes lose patience at some of the stuff being said on the net and respond to it.

There is a further Bureau today which may answer other questions.

Best wishes.

AJS

Back to top Go down

Post by Travers Thu May 10, 2018 9:43 pm

There's some desperate stuff being argued about Totman over on JF.
Can't see his identification as terribly important myself, although certainly a puzzle as to why it's happened at this time.
Travers
Travers

Back to top Go down

Post by Texty Thu May 10, 2018 10:28 pm

And in other news... an amusing rant (which mentions the McCanns) from an enraged Miliband after Parliament thankfully spared us from Leveson 2:

https://news.sky.com/video/miliband-furious-at-government-over-leveson-11365822

Texty

Back to top Go down

Post by AJS Thu May 10, 2018 11:53 pm

Hello, Texty. Yes. It took me some time to come to terms with siding with the Mail and its fellows against Leveson, after all that those bastards had done to facilitate the couple.

But the other options have turned out to be worse, haven't they? It was watching chunks of Leveson that did it for me, not the McCanns so much but Leveson himself and his extraordinary conviction that public free speech had to have a "public interest" component if it was to be permitted.

And who'd decide what the public interest is?Why people like Lardarse Watson and the Bacon Buttieman. And Leveson himself. Even the Guardian, which has always loved to bend and submit, came out against the nonsense in the end.

AJS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next