THE DISCUSSION FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What will the McCanns do when OG is finally mothballed?

5 posters

Go down

What will the McCanns do when OG is finally mothballed? Empty What will the McCanns do when OG is finally mothballed?

Post by Watcher Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:47 pm

The McCanns tried to use the powers granted under the Hague Convention to force Leicestershire Police to hand over information to them, unsuccessfully, of course.
Personally, I have always believed that their motive in seeking a review was to get their hands on ALL the evidence.

So - I am going to make a prediction. I believe that when OG is finally kicked into the long grass, the McCanns will either attempt to obtain access to the files by going through the courts, or by bleating about it in the papers in the hope of swinging public opinion
Watcher
Watcher

Location : No 10 Downing St - oh crap, I wasn't supposed to say!

Back to top Go down

What will the McCanns do when OG is finally mothballed? Empty Re: What will the McCanns do when OG is finally mothballed?

Post by Texty Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:15 pm

From events and failures to date, their motto appears to be "If at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again", so I guess it would be quite likely, especially if any new investigative people are engaged, if there's any money left after paying the accumulated legal costs.

Texty

Back to top Go down

What will the McCanns do when OG is finally mothballed? Empty Re: What will the McCanns do when OG is finally mothballed?

Post by Ayfive Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:55 pm

Watcher wrote:The McCanns tried to use the powers granted under the Hague Convention to force Leicestershire Police to hand over information to them, unsuccessfully, of course.
Personally, I have always believed that their motive in seeking a review was to get their hands on ALL the evidence.

So - I am going to make a prediction. I believe that when OG is finally kicked into the long grass, the McCanns will either attempt to obtain access to the files by going through the courts, or by bleating about it in the papers in the hope of swinging public opinion

It's a bit late and my brain is a bit addled so I may revisit this.
Two things occur to me:
1 Anything to do with an offence in Portugal may be controlled by the judiciary there with respect to what information may or may not be released.
2 Have OG turned up anything that suggests an offence may have been committed in UK ?
Ayfive
Ayfive

Back to top Go down

Post by Travers Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:15 am

The UK authorities managed to slap them down last time and I believe the same thing would happen if they tried again. British police do not reveal their information and it would create a dangerous precedent if they did so in this case.
Travers
Travers

Back to top Go down

Post by Watcher Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:46 pm

Travers wrote:The UK authorities managed to slap them down last time and I believe the same thing would happen if they tried again. British police do not reveal their information and it would create a dangerous precedent if they did so in this case.

I agree with you 100% - they would have no chance whatsoever. I bet they try, though.
Watcher
Watcher

Location : No 10 Downing St - oh crap, I wasn't supposed to say!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin2 Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:57 pm

Watcher wrote:
Travers wrote:The UK authorities managed to slap them down last time and I believe the same thing would happen if they tried again. British police do not reveal their information and it would create a dangerous precedent if they did so in this case.

I agree with you 100% - they would have no chance whatsoever. I bet they try, though.

No doubt about that.

Their egos permit nothing else.
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

https://thediscussionforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Texty Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:19 pm

Speaking of making information available, can we assume that OG will have been given access to the unreleased parts of the PJ files, which include:

Missing pages from detailed activity analysis reports

1 - Anexo 17:
Analysis of first round of witness statements
Time period 17:30 to 19:59 on 3 May 2007

2 - Anexo 19:
Analysis of first round of witness statements
Time period 21:00 to 21:59 on 3 May 2007

3 - Anexo 30:
Analysis of second round of witness statements
Time period 21:00 to 21:59 on 3 May 2007

6 - Anexo 61:
Analysis of events described by McCann parents
Date 3 May 2007

Some of that would no doubt make for more than a little interesting reading, and OG would need to have read it for Rowley to have truthfully said: "...the involvement of the parents, that was dealt with at the time by the original investigation by the Portuguese. We had a look at all the material and we are happy that was all dealt with and there is no reason whatsoever to reopen that..."

Texty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down